Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What I dot dot dot



I have a product review, funny list and recipe for you today but first a i'm-a-total-space-cadet rant...


Over the weekend i am always a keener and start a blog post for each day of the week that way i'm never stuck at 10pm the night before wondering what the heck i'm going to blog about for the next days post, plus since i'm totally forgetful i enjoy clicking on the day in unpublished posts and finding what i'm writing about


Todays was exactly this - Wed: What I...
Nope there was nothing after the dot dot dot
Now how helpful was that? I remember doing it too, thinking in a few minutes inspiration for Wednesday will come to me but until then i'm totally going to devour these chips, and since i LOVE these chips i might have got distracted for about, oh you know, 3 days
_______________________________


So yesterday (kind of today but don't let me confuse you with the fact i write the full posts the day before) I made the BEST dinner!


Since i didn't photograph it, here I made it for lunch today and got up at 6am so I could photograph it for you all (i really hate taking photos in my house at night, the lighting is absolute crap!)


Here it is...
Sorry for iPhone pic, my dslr battery died and the spare is hiding from me!


Amazing looking huh?


Teriyaki Salmon on top of a bed of Spinach, Brown Rice, with Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Cherry Tomatoes 


So because i used prepared fish to make above dinner, and i know how good it looks - i thought i would do a review for you


Marina Del Rey Teriyaki Salmon



This isn't that square fish you remember from your childhood, no sketchy ingredients here


Hello quick and easy because if thawed the salmon is cooked in 6 minutes!  If you are forgetful like me or just plain blonde and don't defrost it cooks in 9 minutes! You just drop the package in boiling water it's done like dinner, except it is dinner, hahahaa


This fish is yummy in my tummy


Ingredients: salmon fillets, water, seasoning (salt, hydrolyzed plant protein (corn, soya), honey, soya sauce (water, wheat, soybeans, salt, sodium benzoate), sesame seeds, canola oil, rice vinegar (water, rice, sugar, salt), lactic acid.


I prefer making my own fish still but in a pinch this fish is easy and oh so tasty
I can't wait to try the other flavours Mediterranean Salmon, Orange & Mango Tilapia, Tilapia en Provencale
_______________________________


So i've decided that todays What I Wednesday will be all about random things that made me giggle today


What I giggled at Wednesday

1. Hot Fuzz:  Its one of my all time favourite movies - its British (as most of the best things are), you see i hate all movies Adam Sandler or Will Ferrell, i just don't find them funny but Hot Fuzz made my stomach hurt i laughed SO hard!!!


2. My Dog:  She was making me ccrraazzyy last night barking at me but with an empty bladder, full tummy of treats and water bowl topped up, i had no idea what she wanted so i finally put the laptop down and followed her into the kitchen where she picked up mr. sheep (that she had carefully chosen from the treat box downstairs) and ran in circles so i could chase her, after about 20 minutes she crawled into my lap in the hallway and gave me kisses while i rubbed her belly, she makes me SO happy


3. Modern Family: Best show on tv right now, if you haven't watched it - stop what you are doing and stream it now!


4. Silly Lists:  This was one of my favourites like 10 years ago and it still brings giggles to my facial area, I've edited down to the really funny ones


Fun Things To Do On An Elevator
(not sure who to credit, this list is ALL over the web)


1. Grimace painfully while smacking your forehead & muttering, 'Shut up, dammit, all of you just shut UP!'
2. Sell Girl Scout cookies.
3. Crack open your briefcase or purse, and while peering inside ask: 'Got enough air in there?'
4. Offer name tags to everyone getting on the elevator. Wear yours upside-down.
5. Stand silent and motionless in the corner, facing the wall, without getting off.
6. When arriving at your floor, grunt and strain to yank the doors open, then act embarrassed when they open by themselves.
7. Greet everyone getting on the elevator with a warm handshake and ask them to call you Admiral
8. Stare, grinning, at another passenger for a while, and then announce: 'I've got new socks on!'
9. Meow occasionally.
10. Frown and mutter 'gotta go, gotta go' then sigh and say 'oops!'
11. Sing 'Mary had a little lamb' while continually pushing buttons.
12. Ask each passenger getting on if you can push the button for them.
13. Say 'Ding!' at each floor.
14. Lean against the button panel.
15. Say 'I wonder what all these do' and push the red buttons.
16. Listen to the elevator walls with a stethoscope.
17. Bring a chair along.
18. Carry a blanket and clutch it protectively.
19. Make explosion noises when anyone presses a button.
20. If anyone brushes against you, recoil and holler 'Bad touch!'
_________________________


Recipe time - i had one lonely wrap left over from last week so i made the executive decision that Breakfast Wraps were in order, however i've never made Breakfast Wraps before so i just decided to wing it, ohhhhh LRT challenge and after a great run in the pouring rain, disaster was NOT an option!


Donna's Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Wrap

Ingredients

1 Wholewheat wrap
1 Banana (preferably one that wasn't frozen like mine was)
Sprinkle of Cinnamon
1 Tbsp of Peanut Butter
Becel Vegan Margarine
Kiwi and Agave Nectar for toppings
 



Directions

1. Spread a little marg on the wrap
2. Turn the wrap over and spread peanut butter
3. Place sliced banana in the middle

4. Wrap and place in Griddler or on frying pan
5. Grill till brown on both sides
6. Top with whatever fruit you have in your fridge that hasn't rotten like those darn strawberries did
7. Drizzle Agave Nectar on top because you are incapable of making a breakfast that doesn't have a drizzle of Agave Nectar on top
 

















Mmmmmmmm was delish!
Happy hump day all , hope you have bunches of giggles today :o)