Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Let me tell you...

Ingredients

About my day yesterday!


I should of stayed in bed


Boyfriend got called into work so our plans for the day were cancelled


Sad face


I tried to run and realized I have some serious issues with my shins because I could not even run for a full minute and that made me cry


Crying face


I spent 8, count em, 8 hours cooking in the kitchen and my back might never recover


Ouch face


We had such high storms that our massive gorgeous window blew over inside our new house and we are hoping it's okay


Worried face


My dog decided she was only safe from me grinding flax inside the bath tub and would only get out with promises of peanut butter and red peppers


My dog is weird face


But then 


Boyfriend came home


Yay face


And the doodle got out and stayed out of the tub


Happy face


AND


*Dramatic pause*


The Bachelorette was on!!!!


Ecstatic face


And the food I slaved over was delicious


Relieved face


So 


I'm going to turn my frown upside down and smile at how flipping awesome this recipe is


Vegan BLT


Ingredients


Toast
Roasted baby tomatoes
Vegan Mary
Soy mayonnaise
Smoky bacon flavored Tempeh
Kale


Directions


Cook Tempeh for 2 minutes on each side over medium heat
Toast bread
Put margerine on one side
Mayonnaise on the other
Layer facon (get it, fake bacon) then the tomatoes and kale
Sigh in immense pleasure, this is goooood


I roasted the tomatoes by rolling them in a little olive oil and pepper in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes

And then i layered



And then i stood back and admired




Thanks for listening to my rant friends, Happy Tuesday 
Tell me how your weekend was :o)