Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Its raining its pouring...

... Donna wishes she was curled up in bed snoring!

(you better have sung along there, if not go back to the title and read it again please with a song in your heart)


But no, i'm not in bed, i'm at an offsite learning session with my fellow Financial Advisors trying to learn something useful and if not i'm probably preparing my grocery list or coming up with blogging ideas :o)


So its What I Wednesday! and i've been agonizing over what to talk about

I've decided to go with



*Drumroll please*


What I LOVE About Summer!


This should drag me out of my "why is it raining for the zillionth day in a row" funk
_______________________________


Summer Lovin
(ps: i hated the movie Grease, lame, and i am sure i'm the ONLY one that thinks that)


1. Fireflys - those little buggers make my heart sing, soooo beautiful


2. Beer - i really love beer, and i'm very jealous of all the cool kinds american bloggers have available to them!  I am good with a Corona or Alexander Keiths, mmmmmmmm

3. Tank tops - it must be at least 28 degrees for me to wear one (what can i say i'm freezing ALL the time) but i love the feeling of the summer sun on my shoulders

4. Enhanced Blondeness - is blondeness even a word? never mind, lets just say i love how the sun naturally highlights my hair and i become even more blonde in the summer!

5. Summer smells - fresh cut grass, bbq's, sun tan lotion (i'm serious about this one, if you come into my office in the summer smelling like SPF anything i will lean over my desk and try to sniff you, mmmmmmm)

6. The beach - i'll admit our beaches don't compare to Aruba but they are pretty fun to frolick around and if you squint enough you can imagine you are on a deserted beach in the carribean until a seagull tries to steal your lunch

7. Flipflops - nothing beats the sound of your shoes rapping along to your footsteps, oh and flipflop tans totally rock!

8. Baseball - I love watching my guy play in his 3 different leagues, i'm usually the only "wife" that shows up to support them so i have to cheer extra loud!

9. The sound of crickets - nothing says summer to me more then the sound of crickets singing in the night sky

10. Birthday & Anniversary - yup my birthday is in June and 2 days later is Dave and I's anniversary, yay!!! 
_______________________________

Okay so yesterdays teaser was for 

HomeMade Granola



Ingredients


1 1/4 cups of rolled oats
1/2 cup cashews, roughly chopped
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup chia seeds
2 Tbsp ground flax
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of pumpkin spice
2 Tbsp brown rice syrup
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp apple butter
2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
1/8 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of currants (raisins)

Directions

1. Preheat that oven to 300 degrees
2. Mix all dry ingredients together except the currants
3. Cook brown rice syrup, honey, apple butter, peanut butter over medium heat and bring to boil, let simmer for 5 minutes
4. Combine the dry and wet ingredients EXCEPT the currants (oops i made that mistake and had to spend 10 minutes picking them back out duh!)
5. Cook for 30 minutes (stirring it up at 15 minutes)
6. Remove from heat, stir in currants and let cool for 20 minutes
7. Immediately eat a large handful, you know, for quality control
8. Yum yum yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sorry got distracted there






_______________________________

Happy Hump Day
What is your favourite part of summer? I want to know!