Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rolls be gone

I'm going to lay it all out for you


In perpendicular lines of course because i'm OCD like that


I have developed some rolls


Have a little extra poundage


My jeans have developed muffin spill overage


In other words


Donna has gained some weight

I love organic eating and a whole food approach to eating

But its made a few pounds creep on

All thanks to late night powwows with my good friends cookies and chocolate

Now the jeans i bought when Dave and i started dating 2 years ago still fit

But let me tell you they are a heck of a lot tighter

Visions of sausages dance in my head (yes i said sausages and not sugar plums) as i pull them up

I'm definitely not overweight or underweight

But some toning definitely needs to start happening

I don't know how many pounds i've gained

Because the thought of stepping on a scale makes my chest start to constrict

I'm not being overly dramatic here

Even though i love being overly dramatic

But i'm going to save it later this week for when i am bound to drop yet another mug

Scales are just not for me

The issue with my normal plans is that i drop weight quickly

I'm lucky like that

Please don't hate me

Its just that i then reward myself with eating crap and not working out 


Thus  starting the vicious cycle all over again

I need to break my binge and purge behaviour

I AM NOT that girl anymore

I'm 100% okay with weighing more then i did 2 years ago

Look at me

Are you looking?

I'm happy now, i'm in a healthy relationship and i'm in lluuurrrvvvveeeee

So a few extra pounds are acceptable as i'm no longer miserable and able to survive on grilled cheese sandwiches alone

Mmmm grilled cheese


But i do need to stop feeling uncomfortable with how i look in my clothes and feel happy about my abs again

So here is a list of what I'm doing to Kick Start my tushie

1. Eat Vegan: I always feel SO good when we cut dairy and meat from our diets
2. Makes meals ahead of time: This explains why i spent 8 hours in the kitchen yesterday
3. Focus on strength training: I'm heading to TRX tomorrow, can't wait!
4. No running till i'm 100% healed: i mentioned yesterday that i was having issues, well running 20 km in 1 week after hardly running all winter was NOT, i repeat NOT a good idea!
5. Lots of extra fruit and veggies: i love using a colourful approach to eating but i want to kick it up a notch

Donnas Simplified Plan to Success

- Lots and lots of water and then when i think i've drunk enough, i'm going to drink more water
- Work out at least 5 times a week 
- No eating late at night, this one is soooo hard
- Treats on the weekend ONLY (unless i'm PMSee then you just try to keep me away from chocolate, just try)


Now part of holding myself accountable will be sharing some of my daily eats and i WANT your opinions, did i eat too much, not enough? Let me know puhlease?


Todays Eats are


Breakfast: Spelt Pancakes - want more details??? Stay tuned for the end of the post
Snack: Smoothie featuring unsweetened chocolate almond milk with instant coffee, blueberries and spinach
Lunch: Left over vegan mac and cheese with asparagus
Snack: Carrot sticks
Dinner: Multigrain flatbread with garlic butter topped with tomato chili lentil sauce
Snack: Peanut butter ball
Snack #2: Orange and mango
Snack #3: Almond milk smoothie with spinach and blueberries
_____________________________


Okay so thats enough nattering from Donna today


Ready for a recipe?


Nahhhh


That wasn't loud enough


Are you ready??????


Okay, here you go


*CURTSY*


Squirrels vs. Monkeys vs. Bees 
aka: Spelt Pancakes with Peanut Butter, Bananas and Honey
Serves 2
Or 1 with leftovers if your BF falls asleep in the bath and is running crazy late for work and misses out









Ingredients
1 Cup of Spelt Flour
2 tsps of Baking Powder
1 Cup of almond milk
Dash of Cinnamon
Half a Banana
1 Tbsp of Peanut Butter

Directions
1. Mix all dry ingredients and add in almond milk
2. Cook over griddler for until bubbles appear, flip and cook for 2 more minutes on the other side
3. Layer with peanut butter and bananas
4. Drizzle the top with honey or agave nectar (if you do use agave nectar i would have to rename the recipe Squirrels vs. Monkeys vs. Plants and that doesn't work quite as well!)
5. Admit to your blog readers you used agave nectar
6. Hang head in incorrect recipe title shame

Thanks for listening to my plans and lists friends!


Tell me what you do to kick start yourself after a little too much self indulging?