|I'm a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!|
So let me tell you working Saturday AND Sunday does not allow for a ton of shenanigans but i still squeezed a few in!
First and foremost, i won a free hot drink at Tim Hortons - can i get a woot woot, i enjoy being a winner, hahahaa the word winner makes me think of ccrraazzyy charlie sheen, what a nut!
- Devastating news: the movie "Beastly" was sold out, yes i live in a town small enough that a movie staring the girl from High School Musical and an Olsen twin sells out on a Friday - Texted BF of my severe disapointment and he suggested we rent Love and Drugs instead, i organize these while i wait for him to get home
|Its wrong that this picture fills me with warm fuzzies right? well sometimes wrong is right :o)|
- Got a sweet text message from my BFF who i miss a ton and had a rollicking good text conversation going with my sister over the mortifying bowel issue my furry neice was experiencing, its okay she is better now (the dog that is, not my iPhone, it feels a bit violated from the entire lurid conversation)
- Also enjoyed whole wheat pizza from Pizzaville, our fav and our newest obsession is this drink
- Work work work, drank a lot of this to make it through my day
- Rain Rain go Away but i'm happy you are here instead of snow
- Went to sign BF up for one of his 3 baseball leagues and managed to end up sitting at the elementary school kiddy table while everyone stared, get lost in the school building, go out the wrong door, set off an alarm and swim through a giant puddle in my immense effort to get away before someone realized it was me
- Party time with my coworkers... drinks were consumed, fun was had!
|i decided it was a good idea to take a picture of my arm stamp while waiting to pee|
|even while "festive***" i take pictures of my food!|
|no night is complete without a random drunk guy hitting on pretty (and taken) ladies!|
*** festive is my code word for "having consumed too many beverages with a high alcohol content" my mum reads this blog you know!
- Woke up at the normal time feeling pretty good
- Took furbaby for a walk and frolicked in the snow that replaced the rain yesterday, obviously my plea yesterday did not work, the nerve of mother nature!
|how cute is this face?|
- Highlight of the day was my protein plate from Starbucks which contained....
|i got to try justins peanut butter for the first time, ahhhmazing!|
- Had some fun in Bulk barn and at the grocery store then came home to Owl Pajamas, taco night and Amazing Race, can you say perfect night?
|owls are cute!|
How was everyone elses weekend?
And now after months of eating grown up Oatmeal variations for breakfast we are regressing back to the approximate age of oh around 8 when i would nag my mum to let us buy those bright coloured cereal boxes in the grocery store and the wildest kind we were allowed was Corn Flakes (with its rockin rooster on the front), Weetibix (cardboard in a bowl, score!) or on rare occasions Rice Krispies (you snap crackle and pop crazy vertically challenged men with hats)
So last Monday i decided to recreate one of those shiny boxes in a healthified way of course!
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Recipe
adapted fully from Peas & Thankyou (funniest vegan blogger ever!)
I really didn't change up much in this recipe, Mama Pea really got this one right (as always)!
- 1/2 c. garfava bean flour (bought at the bulk barn)
- 1/2 c. millet flour (i ground up whole millet i found at Bulk Barn in my coffee grinder)
- 2 T. margarine (i used earth balance), melted <--- yeah i totally forgot this part!
- 3/4 c. water
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2 T. organic sugar, divided (again i bought this at the bulk barn, they need to sponser me or something lol!)
- 2 t. cinnamon, divided
- 1 t. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375 degrees (don't forget till your food is ready like i do every single bloody time!)
2. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper
3. In bowl, add flour, marg, salt, 1 tablespoon of the sugar, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon and vanilla
4. Add in the water and whisk until completely smooth.
5. Pour batter onto lined cookie sheet and spread batter evenly to each edge of the sheet
6. Sprinkle with remaining sugar and cinnamon
7. Realize you are out of milk, and BF says he won't use almond milk even though he will eat it every single other day when i don't tell him what it is
8. BF realizes this was not an acceptable answer, he devises a plan
9. Bake for 23 minutes (or as BF suggests - the amount of time it takes to walk a doodle to macs milk to buy milk)
10. Once edges are starting to brown and center is just starting to crack remove from oven (hope you don't have a massive fault line like i do, guess i didn't follow instruction 5 properly)
11. Remove parchment from sheet and cut the cereal into 1-inch squares
12. Spread the squares back onto the unlined sheet and bake for an additional 2-4 minutes, turning at least once
13. Cereal should be crisp and crunchy
14. Store in leftovers in an air tight container (hahahaa there were NONE left over!)
I proudly presented BF with his bowl after slaving away in the kitchen to make it and his verdict? Eh its okay, cue MASSIVE pouting until he mentions he never really like cinnamon toast crunch as a child and i openly belly laugh at his request for me to make homemade organic fruit loops
Guess he will have to regress to 3 months ago when i would have let him eat something like that, but in the off chance he can't find a time machine he will just have to eat his Cinnamon Toast Crunch and learn to love it, perhaps a shiny bright coloured box would help?
My goals for this week are
1. Stick to my running training plan (was too sick last week, excuses excuses)
2. No eating after 7pm
What are your goals for this week?