Thursday, March 3, 2011

A, B, C's of Thursday

Facebook thingee <-- for days when i don't get a chance to post or i'm under the weather (like today, can you believe it, i'm still sick, this is becoming a serious matter of life or death or the sniffles, your call) i have a pile of post drafts that i hit up to save myself from using energy best left healing my sad pathetic cold infected body from coming up with a whole new post and then i put quality explanations like Facebook thingee to remind me what i'm going to put there


So this list has been going around the blogosphere for a while now and since i'm curled up on the couch sniffing quite loudly in hopes BF will offer to pick me up some kind of extravegant sinful icecream after his squash game with the intent of shutting me up, i'm letting this list blog for me and i did include a Thirsty Thursday at the bottom but first off you have to read my ABC's because once you know my ABC's next time won't you sing with me?  Am i the only one that remember that??? Goodness i hope not, I remember in England we said the ABC's but we said them the way they sound like ah instead of eh and now i'm just nattering proof of prior mentionned raging fever which can only be cured by I-C-E-C-R-E-A-M!


*** I have updated the list as i wrote it in 2009


A - Age: Damn, why couldn't i have been tagged a week ago... 30 (i'm 31 now, and totally kinda sorta definitely okay with that)

B - Bed size: Queen, i covet a King size bed though (this is still very true, bf says i'm like a furnace in bed and clings to the opposite side -and i don't think he means hot in a good way)

C - Chore you hate: Ironing (though i do appreciate a good steam iron as an alternate to my usual dryer routine)

D - Dog's name: Sydney (aka: wydlee, monster, bunny, the secret is out my doodle is named Sydney)

E - Essential start your day item: Breakfast, Shower, Tea (this now includes BF cuddles, and Oatmeal)

F - Favorite colour(s): Blue, Black (and lately coral, reminds me of vacations)

G - Gold or Silver: Silver but lately wearing a little gold (wouldn't mind a little diamond, lol kidding honey)

H - Height: 5'4" (and a smidgen, that smidgen is tres important)

I - Instruments you play: Recorder (hahahahaa), Clarinet, Piano, Organ (nothing sexier then an organ player huh?)

J - Job title: Financial Advisor (one day hopefully this will be travel writer and photographer)

K - Kid(s): None yet (Just a furry baby who i treat like a kid, a spoiled princess kid)

L - Living arrangements: Me and Sydney (yay, now we have a family of 3, BF and i moved in together Feb 2010)

M - Mom's name: Diane (random fact, my mum doesn't have a middle name)

N - Nicknames: Princess, Dee, Babe, Baby

O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth: Nope (still no, for a clutz like me this deserves major props)

P - Pet Peeves: People that cut across parking lots (omg this makes me INSANE)

Q - Quote from a movie: (changed this whole thing, really anything from Love Actually is a good quote)

R - Right or left handed: Right (i am a master 2 thumb texter though!)

S - Siblings: I younger sister (2 years younger) (she is only 1 year younger for the month of May, and this May she turns 30 muahaahahahahaaaaaa)

T - Time you wake up: 7am-ish, I can't sleep in! (today was 7:10am wydlee decided it was time to get up)

U - Underwear: Of course i'm a lady - well most of the time anyway ;o) (dude how random is this question?)

V - Vegetable you dislike: Mushrooms (fungus that grows in poo i tell you!) (this hasn't changed, actually had to pick mushrooms out of my salad at lunch today, i was NOT impressed)

W - Workout style: Gym workouts, Zumba, Yoga, Fun cardio classes  (I can now add running to this list, yay me!)

X- X-rays you've had: Wrist (and teeth)

Y - Yesterday's best moment: Spending time with a friend (now the best part of yesterday was watching a pvr'd episode of The Bachelor with BF while he brushed my hair, i have i mentionned i'm sick and pathetic right?)


Z - Zoo favourite: Monkeys & Orangutans (frickin love monkeys and penguins too)

Donna's Tropical Green Monster

The best thing about green monsters is the options are endless and this one is a new favourite, i'm aiming for a strawberry chocolate green monster next week, are you salivating? I know i am and the doodle is giving me a weird look like i'm taking her schtick!

BUT back to our regularly scheduled Thirsty Thursday and this one is amazing 

Ingredients 

2 handfuls of Spinach (i put it in a bowl so you could see how much i usually use)
1 Soy Vanilla drinking box (because sometimes i like to regress and be 4 yrs old again)
1/2 Tbsp ground flax
1/2 Tbsp of chia seeds
1/2 Frozen banana
1 package of Vanilla protein powder
4 cubes of mango (suck on a 5th cube, you will thank me)
Sprinkle of organic unsweetened coconut flakes

Directions

1. Blend
2. Take pictures of doodle lounging on the deck
3. Decide your doodle has the cutest paws EVER
4. Drink blended smoothie with your eyes closed imagining you are back in Aruba on your private island deciding if you should read or nap or maybe sing your ABC's because don't you want to sing with me?



And now for a mystery photo, this is me enjoying what will be an upcoming recipe, hang on to your knickers its going to be a tasty one!

i look like a one eyed pirate here, a one eyed pirate rocking her new lululemon hat because she is in desperate need of a shower!

PS: BF bought me an Oreo Frosty, mmm mmmm mmmmm - no more whining from me, good job BF, my blog readers thank you ;o)

PPS: No work was done to the basement AT ALL, we did buy paint for the orange tv room though, yup BF thought orange was a great colour to paint the tv room, bachelors should NOT paint unsupervised!

1 comment:

Sara Klassen said...

love it!!
Donna, I want to follow you but I don't know how...I'm such a newbie!ha...

Post a Comment