As much as I would love to have a career in traveling and writing (its my dream, like literally: i seriously dream about it), getting to share my adventures with you is plenty enough for now - so please, share the blog with your friends and enjoy reading because i live to give people a chuckle with my sarkee (its a word my parents used instead of sarcastic, crazy brits) brand of humour
I decided to say thank you this morning by making a breakfast cookie and sharing the recipe with you, This recipe is so tasty you would think you are eating dessert for breakfast, sounds perfect right? But wait, there is more ( i feel like i'm on a 4am infomerical here)... not only is it yummy but its healthy too, (cue shocked faces in audience and me sweeping my hand in from of breakfast cookie to emphasize my point) my only wish is that i could find a way to get spinach into the recipe (hahahaa Hil) but i still have some experimenting before that becomes a sharable (new word created by moi) recipe!
Adapted from a foodie stays fit
- 1 banana
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 egg white (1/8 cup liquid egg whites) - obviously i fail at veganism AGAIN
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/3 cup of oats
- 1/2 tbsp of ground flax (you don't need it, i like to add it though)
- 1/2 tsp of chia seeds (not necessary but so good for you, i buy them at bulk barn)
- Toppings, i use 1/2 tbsp of organic peanut butter and 1/2 tbsp of apple butter with a quick squirt of agave nectar (squirt is a dirty dirty word imho must leave that word out in future recipes)
1. Mix banana, egg white and vanilla together in a microwave safe bowl
2. Add oats, ground flax, chia seeds, cinnamon, raisins and baking powder and mix
4. Think to yourself this recipe is SO easy and its starting to smell good, that Donna is fantastic (and has a small head)
5. Pull out of the microwave with a tea towel (lesson learned, use my experience friends) and turn bowl upside down over a cute plate with flowers on it (wait thats just for me, your plate does NOT need to have flowers, deep breath)
6. Top with whatever makes you happy (peanut butter and apple butter makes me giddy with glee so this is what i use!)
|Note the matching mug and plate? My matchy matchy ocd carrys from my clothes to my kitchen, its okay to shake your head, i'm weird i know but i really do prefer the word quirky :o)|
There are so many variations on this recipe - think mango and coconut, with coconut butter slathered on top (i really wanted to use the word slather in this recipe: goal achieved!) or chocolate chips with chocolate sauce and strawberry jam - be creative friends, the kitchen (and 2pm tuesday work meetings), are the perfect places to use your imagination!
Not one thing in this recipe is bad for you (unless you go the chocolate chip route and honestly who doesn't want to go the chocolate chip route) so please, tomorrow, make this recipe and then tell me all about it because i always want a good opportunity to talk about chia seeds and please be kind, don't mention my fire engine red face as i glow (like a house on fire) with love that you liked - no loved, the recipe :o)
Fur baby is begging to go outside and who can deny a fluffy doodle who keeps shaking her paw at you - so i'm off for a run to enjoy this AMAZING weather we are enjoying in south western Ontario right now!
Have a great day!
|Its impossible to say no to this face!|