Saturday, February 26, 2011

The PLAN

Remember these from yesterday?  Shockingly there are a few left over - I had a plan, it involved these cookies, a memory of a dessert long ago forgotten, breakfast time and a positive attitude - i'm obviously back to my annoyingly perky self!  More on these morsels of happiness in a bit but first another plan...




As we all know, Donna's plans don't always work out, the reasons you ask?  I'm a bit of a dreamer, a procrastinator and i drop stuff A LOT (thats not really relevant but alas its true)

Todays plan is a bit of an outline I came up with for the blog while sleeping last night, i dream blog posts, that and i dream the doodle took the car out of park on a hill and crashed into someones car, that doodle, she is such a sneaky bugger - she knows she isn't supposed to drive with out adult supervision!

Okay, i digress (as usual) - Here is the plan and i appreciate ANY feedback, even if it is just to yell at me about yesterdays cookie post because you ate A LOT and its okay, ginger is good for digestion!  There i go again, alright focus...

Monday's post: A weekend recap in fun photos


Tuesday's post: Traveling Tuesday, either a travel blog, a place i want to visit, or just items i love to travel with

Wednesday's post: What i ate Wednesday, a recap of an entire day of food from the previous week, i'll make it interesting, don't you worry friends!

Thursday: Thirsty Thursday, a new smoothie recipe because there are an infinite number of concoctions i can come up with (and not just in my sleep)

Friday: Fashion Friday, my favourite work out outfit of the week and wear to work outfit, online shopping, things i've bought (other then groceries because thats where most of my $ goes these days)

There will be recipes interlaced throughout the week but its nice to have an outline to go by now that i'm posting almost every day, i'm a planner AND a procrastinator, i like to contradict myself :o)
___________________________________________________

So i can't even tell you how excited i am its the weekend, BF and I only get every other weekend together so we like to make the most of it!  We decided that our biweekly date night would be held at home on Friday, we got spicy chicken takeout, drank beer and tried to imagine we were back in Aruba, unfortunately the sounds of waves were interupted by snowplows driving past the house, oh Ontario we do heart love (my mum reads this blog and doesn't like when i "heart" stuff, its a lame word she says, my very british mum is quirky just like me and being the good daughter i am, i will take this word out for you, but if you tell me later you don't like the word "healthify" you are out of luck, you used up your one word removal pass, love you!) okay back to Ontario, we LOVE you but we are SO ready for spring!
I have another breakfast oatmeal recipe for you today - its called leftovers oatmeal!  So one of my most favourite british foods is Ginger Cake, growing up my parents would always top it with fresh whipped cream (none of that crap in a can) and clementines and it was pure heaven on a plate - anyhoo during one of my many wake ups during the night (this one was due to the chills as fur baby had snuck up on the bed and was stopping the upward movement of the duvet) i had a lightbulb above the head moment, i could add ginger to my oatmeal and i could top it with clementines and a crumbled ginger cookie and recreate Ginger Cake just you know, in a healthified way,  this idea blew my mind - and totally messed up my hair with the winds of greatness ...


Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup of Oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup of almond milk
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 1 Tbsp of chia seeds
  • 1 Tbsp of ground flax
  • 1 tsp of fresh ginger
  • 1 tsp of ground ginger
  • Clementines
  • Crumbled ginger cookie
  • Agave Nectar to drizzle for shizzle
Directions


1. Mix together everything but the clementines/cookie/nectar
2. Bring to a boil for 3-4 minutes stirring constantly
3. Pour into bowl and immediately sniffing the fabulous ginger fumes as you go
4. Top with clementines and crumbled cookie, if no one is looking eat another cookie and let your tummy crumble that one for you
5. Artfully decorate your bowl with agave nectar, wish you had a bigger bowl because that took about 2 seconds and you aren't feeling as artistically fulfilled as you could






___________________________________________________

So as we part, i have 3 things for you to brighten your saturday

1. Latest search to end up at my blog was "smoking glass pipe" - yup, thats coming up on my MakeaBong Saturday post, just don't hold your breath for that particular fine piece of writing 


2. One of my first and fav blogs runningoncoffee is doing her first giveaway for a headband that i SO want to fit my miniature head - check her out here and enter the giveaway yourself, but warning if you win i might pout!

and i saved the best for last...

3. A new picture of the doodle because everyone needs a little furry baby fix for the weekend!  (this ones for Barb, miss ya!!!)
My baby has a snow beard! I'm totally dangling a treat in front of her face here :o)