Tuesday, June 7, 2011

This and That and the Golden Ticket

Happy TUESDAY!

Aka: The day before hump day

i bet mickey wouldn't use the
work poke!
The word hump makes me giggle

As does hearing the guys at EVERY SINGLE ONE of daves baseball leagues say "good poke buddy" "come on just a little poke"

Ewwwwwww

Am i the only one that thinks poke and poking is an entirely inappropriate word to use in baseball?

Hmph!
This is my rant for the day ;o)

So with the plethora* of cherries i bought the other day (which went on sale the next day) grrrrrrr

I made my cherry breakfast cookie and it was sooo good i had to make something similar to share with you

But first lets talk about flavours and preferences

HATE cherry flavoured things - i LOVE cherries
i HATE grape flavoured things - i LOVE grapes
i HATE banana flavoured things - i LOVE bananas
i HATE melon flavoured things - i LOVE melon

Isn't that weird?

Yeah yeah i know i'm always weird

.... And quirky!

But this must make me different, no?

I must have always had this whole food thing in my head because artificial flavoured fruit food makes me gag unless its citrus flavoured - mmmmmmmmm


This is one of the reasons i LOVE british candy

This contains, Lemon, Lime, Orange, Strawberry and Blackcurrant flavours, LOVELY!

I've been known to search through the bins at candy stores and just pick out the Orange, Lime and Lemon flavours!

At the movies i sort through a bag of skittles and pick all the grape flavours out and hand them to BF - props to Skittles for having Strawberry red skittles instead of Cherry

I AM ODD and i'm 100% okay with that :o)

* Isn't the word plethora fantastical?  Please try to use it in a sentence today, you will feel good and can thank me later - Dr. Donnas orders!
______________________________

QUICKLY - a little rolls update from me!
I've been making a vow to sweat every day and its really paying off
Trying new classes and the gym, walking back and forth to the new house every day and starting to run again has made exercising SO much fun - the good weather REALLY helps :o)

______________________________

Okay so here goes - todays recipe is inspired by
a) Overpriced cherries crowding my fridge
b) Chocolate chips that if i don't use in a recipe will be eaten out of the bag entirely by moi
c) My lack of motivation to pack so i'm baking instead!

Cherry Chocolate Breakfast Cookie


Ingredients
1/3 cup of oats
1/8 cup of egg whites
1/2 banana
1/2 Tbsp of ground flax
1/2 Tbsp of chia seeds
1/2 tsp of cocoa powder
1/4 tsp of baking powder
4 cherries chopped into small pieces
1 tsp of dark chocolate chips


Directions
1. Mash banana
2. Add in all the other ingredients
3. Mix well
4. Microwave on high for 90 seconds
5. Top with more cherries and tiny bit of chocolate sauce
6. Expire from happiness when you eat this - seriously best breakfast cookie EVER!








_____________________________


Okay so last but definitely not least i have some AWESOME news!  After lots of emails, multiple texts and a little web site stalking - Hilary, my fellow blogger from the Simcoe area and I will be heading to the Healthy Living Summit in Philadelphia this August!!!
I'm beyond excited because i've wanted to attend one of these healthy living conferences since i started blogging in December 
Hilary and I are going to have SO much fun - i can't wait to have a Travel Blog for you from Philadelphia, you better believe there will be some Liberty Bell shenanigans going on :o)


Thats all for me today - have a happy Tuesday and i'll seeya tomorrow!