Thursday, June 16, 2011

Breakfast of losers

Whats that Donna?

Shouldn't it be Breakfast of champions?

Not so much


Every quarter my employer does an event to celebrate specific achievements

This quarter i got to go

Yay me!

However...

It was a Breakfast event

And my crappy food radar went off immediately
Thats me in the middle being hopeful!

But i went in with a positive attitude

There should at least be fruit and, fingers crossed, maybe some oatmeal!

Alas there was not

We had sketchy looking eggs that must of come from some alien like chickens

We had sausages and bacon

There was what might have been wholewheat toast - hurrah!!!

But upon closer inspection it was already buttered

WHY???

So after a tiny pile of odd shaped eggs and a piece of whole wheat toast - I poured a small glass of juice for some kind of veggie/fruit consumption only to discover that it was the kind that came in frozen concentrated cylinders

So this leads me to my IRK of the day

Why do event planners forget about us healthy eaters???

I admit it, i cheat on my whole food healthy living ways occasionally

I have some of the naughty food that tastes SO good

Hello Cinnabon, i'm talking to you!


But during the week i focus really hard on eating well because it makes me feel good

No one wants a food baby and the immense need for a nap in the middle of a work day

FYI
          1. food baby
October 13, 2010 Urban Word of the Day
when you eat so much, that your stomach looks pregnant
Jeez! I ate so much, I look like I am having a food baby!

While they look good prior and taste good during consumption - I doubt anyone feels great after eating chocolate bars and sausages

At least i know i don't

Give someone a fruit salad and a yummy bowl of oatmeal or a buckwheat bake and they will feel peppy all day

So my question is - What do you do when events happen and you know it won't be the best food?

Me?: I will be running home on my lunch to prepare a giant green smoothie to partake in this afternoon in an attempt to offset the unfortunate food of this morning


What Green Smoothie will i be enjoying???

Glad you asked


Breakfast Blues Green Smoothie

Ingredients
1/2 frozen banana
1/3 cup of frozen blueberries
1 cup of almond milk
1 icecube
1 tsp of chia seeds
3 drops of stevia
1 tsp of peanut butter
2 large handfuls of spinach

Directions
1.  Throw it in your blender (apologize for taking it away from griddler, they are becoming close now that they sit on the kitchen counter together during the move prep)
2. Take the fur baby for a quick walk so you can go to UFC class after work and you won't have to worry about her bladder, its enough you have to worry about your own!
3. Drink at your desk while speaking in soothing tones to your stomach that you are sorry for putting it through that this morning - tomorrow will be a breakfast cookie for sure!
Old photo - my apologies but its a similar blue/green colour!!!
________________________________

I admit i forced 2 coworkers to try this smoothie

I'm kinda pushy when it comes to this healthy eating

They were both surprised that something that looks so obnoxious can actually taste good!

Welcome to my world friends - obnoxious AND tasty :o)


See you tomorrow for fashion friday!  I need your input on what to spend my birthday $ on