Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Let me be your tenant

So its true

I'm 32 years old 

I live with my parents

And my hunny


Also my child who is covered in fur lives with us too

Next stop Jerry Springer?

Nah, it's only going to be for 30 days*


BUT

I made the executive decision before we moved in that we would act like tenants, stay downstairs most of the time and try to keep life as normal as possible

That lasted about an hour

The other night i could be found sitting on my parents bedroom floor (for some odd reason our family of 4 used to regularly sit and have chats in my parents bedroom or bathroom) chatting away with them while eating their vinta crackers and letting my dad make me rum and cokes

This living with my parents thing is rough!

Have i mentioned they keep boxes of dairy milk chocolate in the fruit pantry that they don't think i know about?

Muahahahahaaaaaa ;o)

*I'm pretty sure i have heard my parents chant this on more then one occasion
 ________________________________

So here is a tour of our temporary home

This place is a bloggers dream!!!










Rustic deck to photograph food on

Beautiful gardens to photograph food in



Amazing landscape to get attacked by mosquitos in!
________________________________

To thank my parents for all their generosity I wanted to make a tasty breakfast!

I had some Justins Maple Almond Butter that a friend brought me back from the states and i was dying to use it so i made a twist on my breakfast cookie


Maple Apple Breakfast Cookie


Ingredients
1/3 cup of oatmeal flour
1 egg white
1/2 banana mashed
1/2 apple chopped
1 tsp of chia seeds
1 tsp of ground flax
1/4 tsp of baking powder
5 drops of stevia


Directions 
Mash wet ingredients together
Add dry ingredients
Microwave on high for 90 seconds (which i just realized is the same as 1 minute 30 seconds, yes i'm THAT blonde)






Best Part? The toppings!!! 
OMG this was soooo good, i can't wait to make it again!
Justin - whoever you are, won't you bring your nut butter to Canada.... PLEASE???


See you tomorrow where we will have a tour of the new house :o)