Friday, June 17, 2011

I'm on the hunt

For a chiropractor, mosquitos AND something to spend my birthday money on


Item ONE is due to several items
  • Sleeping on an air matress
  • Beating my head against a wall at work (not literally, just figuritively) - head still feels bruised though
  • Watching BF and his BFF move all our heavy furniture: i call them sympathy pains
Item TWO is that leaving the front door open while moving things out of the house has caused bugs to make their ascension into our happy home, they lie in way till we are thiclose to sleep then they buzz around our ears - my new nickname is Donna the Mosquito Slayer


Item THREE is my immense need to spend the $ I got for my birthday and am experienceing that crazy phenomenon...


You know the one


Where you can find nine trillion things you want when you have no money


But can't find a single thing when you have some!


More on that in a bit
________________________________



Just want to do some random shout outs here at L, R, T


First off i want to thank Monica & Christina for what is becoming our weekly jaunt to a local restaurant for drinks and vent sessions after the gym - not sure i could survive without them


Thanks to all the friends who read the blog and now feed their children Green Smoothies and Breakfast cookies - Sara even came up with the ingenious idea of using shaped molds to make your cookies in, love it!


I'm super proud of Nadeen for changing her eating habits SO much!  I might have been a bit of a pushy brat when i told her i wanted to see some veggies and whole grains in her lunch and she shows up yesterday with home made salsa, whole grains and tuna fish packed with veggies - WAY to GO!!!


Thanks to my mum for cleaning me out space in the cupboard at their house in preparation for my arrival to ensure i never have to go a day without chia seeds :o)


Shout out to Katie and Erin who mentionned they can't read my posts on their iPhones so i've changed the font colours - hope it works girls!


And to everyone who tells me that i should be an
  • Nutritionist
  • Travel writer
  • Photographer
  • Fitness instructor
  • Professional blogger
Thank you, for understanding my passion and while it might not pay the bills right now, maybe one day i will be graced with the ability to do something for a living that i can love with my whole heart


I'll tell you a secret: My dream job is to occasionally travel, photograph and write for a living while having a fitness centre that no one feels intimidated to attend that sells lululemon - its my BHAG (thats lululemon code for Big Hairy Audaicous Goal)


Until then thank you for reading and commenting on the blog, on facebook, on twitter and in person, it means the world to me!!!


My SHAG (Small Hairy Audacious Goal) is to make sure everyone has tried and loved a green monster :o)

________________________________

So i have some Birthday money

And i don't know what to do with it

I'm sure you are more then willing to take it off my hands

But i want to buy something fabulous with it

Help!

So i buy a Tiffanys bracelet and matching earings?


Do i buy a Michael Kors watch

Do i buy the London Links bracelet i want?




Do i buy more lululemon (don't answer that one Dave) ;o)

Do i save it?... NAH! Answered that one for you!

Help me out, tell me what you would buy!
________________________________

Don't worry i didn't forget about
FRIDAY FUNNY
Workplace Vocabulary

BLAMESTORMING: Sitting around in a group, discussing why a deadline was missed or a project failed, and who was responsible.


SEAGULL MANAGER: A manager who flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything, and then leaves.


ASSMOSIS: The process by which some people seem to absorb success and advancement by kissing up to the boss rather than working hard.


SALMON DAY: The experience of spending an entire day swimming upstream only to get screwed and die in the end.




PRAIRIE DOGGING: When someone yells or drops something loudly in a cube farm, and people's heads pop up over the walls to see what's going on.

MOUSE POTATO: The on-line, wired generation's answer to the couch potato.

STRESS PUPPY: A person who seems to thrive on being stressed out and whiny.

404: Someone who's clueless. From the World Wide Web error message "404 Not Found," meaning that the requested document could not be located.

SWIPEOUT: An ATM or credit card that has been rendered useless because the magnetic strip is worn away from extensive use.

XEROX SUBSIDY: Euphemism for swiping free photocopies from one's workplace.

PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE: The fine art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
________________________________

So this weekend we have few plans as it will be pack pack pack

There will be a quick time out to celebrate our awesome dads and i will be making chocolate cake for my dad since he is a wee bit obsessed with my chocolate cake and you better believe i'll be bringing it to the blog!


Also there is plans for the Drive-In, yay!!! I love the Drive-In even if i fall asleep every time and once i even drained the battery on the car - oops :oS


So what are your plans? Are you crazy busy or taking it easy


Let me know! No matter what you are enjoying i hope you enjoy yourselves :o)