Thursday, June 30, 2011

Get your fit on

My back home running route! That speck in the distance is
Dave and Sydney running ahead of me :o)
Put on your spandex bodysuits readers

I'm talking about fitness today!

I don't talk about it all that much

Even though i really should, don't ya think?

My philosophy is that i just try to be active every single day

Except last week

I mean I was definitely active last week

Just in a moving my entire home into a 2 car garage kind of way

Remember when i said i was having issues with my shin?

It wasn't so much an issue

As i was in so much pain it hurt to put pressure on the gas and brake pedal when i drove

Its okay



I'm feeling better now

No need to avoid all my driving routes

What did i do to help the excrutiating pain?

I took it easy for a week

Then i took a whole week off

And i bought new shoes

My body needed a break

So i listened

And the result was me squealing with glee at Zumba Monday night to everyone that would listen

My shin doesn't hurt!!!!!!

And this week i broke my new shoes in on a 2km run on a route i used to take when i first discovered running about 6 years ago

Here is how it went...
THUMBS UP!!!
So i thought i would share what my typical week looks like Fitness wise (not much running because i've not been able to the last month or two)

Monday -> Zumba
Tuesday -> Run
Wednesday -> UFC and Physique 57
Thursday -> Cycle and Zumba
Friday -> OFF
Saturday -> Physique 57
Sunday -> Spartan & sometimes Yoga

Thats about 4 cardios, 3 strengths a week - some weeks i work saturday am so i take a class friday, i mix it up all the time, i just really try to do something every day even if it is go for a hike and a chat with a girlfriend or a long stroll with the fur baby

Being injured and having to stop working out made me UBER sad, i don't ever want to take my ability to kick a Zumba classes arse for granted!
________________________________

So this Monday before Zumba Christina and I tried out called Street Jazz where you learn one dance routine per class and here is our review

Intensity: High, way harder then we thought it would be but in a good way
Number of times Donna broke down in giggles: Too many to count, every time someone would do the splits i would laugh in the ridiculousness that was my attempt to do the same
Moments of sadness: one when we realized we wouldn't get to use the spirit fingers we had been practicing all day so we took this picture for you instead!

_____________________________

Let me tell you all this fitness makes me thirsty though ;o)

Its THIRSTY THURSDAY!!!


Being in transition between houses has resulted in a serious lackage (totally a word i tell you) of vegetables in my diet so i'm trying to squeeze as much goodness into my smoothies as possible!


I don't have a new smoothie recipe for you today but here is one of my favs!



Chocolate Raspberry Green Monster

Ingredients
Handful of Raspberries
1/2 Frozen Banana
3 Ice cubes
1 Cup of Chocolate Soy Milk
1 Tbsp of Chia Seeds
2 Handfuls of Kale

Directions: Blend that powerhouse up and try not to get smoothie everywhere, this isn't your kitchen after all!




________________________________

Tomorrow is a day off for me but don't worry i have a post for you - i'm super blogger after missing you all for a whole week!



I'm leaving you with a photo of a weed (classy huh?) I just feel that this weed makes my runs better because they look like a pretty flower

I give you DITCH LILIES!!!