Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Let me count...

...The stupid* not so bright things i did today
                      *my mum hates when i use the word stupid
1. I let BF take ALL the vegan chocolate chip cookies i made last night to work!
Dumb move Donna, as much as i loved the snuggle i got for packing them in his lunch bag i would give it back to have another taste of the yummy cookie goodness (even though i might have had 3 tastes -aka: cookies) last night!


2. I went for another 5km run - second day in row, my shins hate me with a burning passion as do the blueberries i melted icing them down after my run, blueberries are re-freezable right? Never mind, if the answer is no, i don't want to know, ignorance is bliss!


3. I wore that broken skirt to work again, what can i say its my favourite, lets just hope the wardrobe malfunctions stay to a minimum today, and if i have a gaping hole in the back of my skirt that my coworkers will be kind enough to point it out discreetly, though if you know my coworkers they will probably laugh about it for a good hour before kindly pointing it out :o)

Last but certainly not least


4. I might have signed up for a race, a race that is in 5 freaking days!!!

Oh yes i did, told you i wasn't so bright!

So that is the What I did, of What I did Wednesday, its a doozy!
So the race i signed up for is the Brantford Classic, just the 5km - not the 10km, i'm not that ridiculous

Its taking place this Sunday and i've hopefully convinced my friend Lesley to race it with me!

Katie, my sister and running partner in crime has a christening to attend even though she could totally have rocked that new Lululemon running jacket she bought yesterday (swoon)!

Sorry i totally digressed into Lululemon talk, i do that sometimes, i like to spread the love that is supportive, wicking luon :o)

You want to know the worst part of me signing up for this race? That i did it mostly for the bib, i've never run a race before where i get to have a bib so i'm super duper excited, even if my shins are cursing me out at this very second!
___________________________


Since i don't get any more cookies, i thought i would share with you instead!

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
i'm serious, they are shockingly good considering they don't contain any animal products aka: Vegan!
adapted from: Dreena's Vegan Recipes

Ingredients:
1 cup of wholewheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp baking soda
1⁄4 cup organic unrefined sugar
1⁄4 tsp sea salt
1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
1⁄4 tsp molasses
1 - 1 1⁄2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1⁄4 cup organic canola oil
1⁄3 cup non-dairy chocolate chips





Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl
3. Mix wet ingredients till mixed
4. Add dry and wet together with chocolate chips and don't over stir! Thats an order!!!
5. Makes 12 Cookies, about the size of a heaped Tbsp on cookie tray and flatten them a bit
6. Bake for 11 minutes exactly!





You would NEVER know these were vegan, so delicious and they aren't super greasy like you think they might be - make these asap, another order from Donna!
_______________________________


So what crazy things have you done lately?


Me?  Well i signed up for a race thats happening in 5 days!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
But i'm pretty sure i mentioned that xox